Show/Sale/Exhibit: $6.00 per animal
Pens: $5.00 per pen
Shavings will be available at the Fairgrounds. Straw is not allowed for bedding. (Fairground/Fire Marshal Rules)
Mail Entries with payment to the Chairperson listed above.
Download an entry form in PDF format:
Entry Forms must be received by May 31, 2015
A. Fine Wool – spinning count of 60s & above, i.e. Merino, Rambouillet, Targhee.
B. Medium Wool – spinning count of 50s to 56s; i.e. Corriedale.
C. Long & Luster Wool – spinning count of 44 to 48s; i.e. Wensleydale, Leicesters, Romney.
D. Classic – primitive breeds. Due to the nature of this classification, sheep should be purebred. i.e. Jacob, Shetland, Navajo Churro, Karakul.
E. Icelandics (purebred)
1. Ram Lamb – born after 1/15
2. Yearling ram – born in 2014
3. Aged ram – born in 2013 or before
4. Ewe lamb – born after 1/15
5. Yearling Ewe – born in 2014
6. Aged Ewe – born in 2013 or before
7. Best Fleece (must be shown in individual class above)
8. Young Flock – All Breeds; 1 ram lamb & 2 ewe lambs bred & owned by exhibitor. (Must be shown in individual class above)
White & Colored will show in separate classes & winners will compete for best Division winner. (These will be combined if entries are lacking.)
Judging will be 50% on wool and 50% on conformation/breed characteristics.
Within a Division, breeds with 10 or more animals and at least 3 exhibitors will have their own show, with winners competing for best in Division, and Division winners competing for Best In Show.
Ribbons to 5th, Rosettes for Division winners. Entries from classes 1-6 are eligible to compete for Best in Division. Division winners compete for Best In Show.
Ribbons and premiums for the Icelandic Sheep Show are provided by the Icelandic Sheep Breeders of North America.